Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas is coming!!!

This has always been my favorite time of year...from Thanksgiving dinner all the way through to that New Year's Eve kiss. I'm a February baby so naturally I like the cold weather, the snow, the fireplace (which in my house is every candle I can find, shoved together on an end table since we don't actually have a fireplace), and curling up on the couch with a huge mug of hot chocolate (made with milk, never water) and "It's A Wonderful Life" in the DVD player.

It's been such a busy past couple of weeks, what with Shawn's 2 surgeries (he's recovering very nicely so far, waiting to hear how his checkup appointment went today for his shoulder) and all, but I was able to snap a few pics of what's been going on with the Wardle clan. First there was Thanksgiving, where Riley was oh-so-thankful...

Thank you Lord for this food I'm about to nom-nom on...
Now, as we ate at MIL's, I notice something rather peculiar about her salt and pepper shakers. Sure, they look like normal, festive little table additions...

Gobble gobble, mofos. 

...HOWEVER...

SERIOUSLY?!?!

Really? THAT'S where it comes out? Who wants to season their potatoes with turkey-ass ventings? I can't tell whether to be appalled or incredibly jealous that I didn't think of something like this first. This guy must be a MILLIONAIRE!!

Then there was Black Friday shopping with my mom and adorable nephew, Chase...

Aren't we done yet? I'm sooooo ready to get outta this thing. 

He's got a little sister on the way, which is why there is so much pink garb behind him. Guess who we were shopping for? Weird to think that my brother is 5 years younger than me and will have 1 more child than I do. Guess what he's getting in HIS stocking?

I've also started a fundraiser-type thing, courtesy of/benefiting the grandfather of my good bud Brooke. Grandpa's been in the hospital for a while now and with no insurance and several surgeries/nights spent in recovery, he's going to need some support. So, from now until Christmas 20% of jewelry sales will be going to Brooke's granddaddy to help with medical bills. I know it's not much, but if we can even buy them a meal or 2 while he's recovering, I know the whole family will be so appreciative. (Now, I said I wouldn't sell anything here and I won't, so if you want to buy to help this cause, just email me at info@sinfullysweets.net and mention Brooke's name in your email so I can make sure that she gets the funds.) I have been making jewelry like crazy, and I'm really trying to remember to take pics of all of it. For now, here are a few items that have kept me busy...





Pics aren't the greatest because they're from my phone, but until I can hire a pro photog, this is how I'm gonna have to roll (get it? Roll, like from a camera...ok never mind). I will have a lot more pics hopefully uploaded to my FB page, and the SS page, before long.

Happy Holidays Cupcakes!!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment