Thursday, October 21, 2010

I was right about transportation...

Well last night's class cake didn't exactly turn out how I had hoped, but for my first wedding cake attempt, it wasn't too bad. I kept sticking my hands in the icing so it wasn't as smooth as I had wanted it to be, and my top tier was crooked for whatever reason but since it wasn't going to a REAL wedding, I was ok with it.

Best buttercream rose I've EVER made!!! 


Still can't get the hang of white icing on a chocolate cake without getting crumbs all over it...


Remember that transportation issue? Yeeeeeeeeeah, the top tier kinda toppled over in my new Jeep on the way home. Thank goodness it was sitting in a laundry basket for the ride, otherwise my beautiful, clean, tan interior would have been permanently stained pink, I'm sure of it. Damn you construction zone!!!

RIP little wedding cake...


To top it off, coming down the street before mine I ended up getting tailed by some DB driving a hooptie on dubs. He was so close that I couldn't see his headlights in my rear view mirror, and since my cake had already careened over I was THISCLOSE to brake-checking him so he could run right up my tailpipe and pay off my house. I was eyeing him in the RVM and literally said out loud "Go for it buster, hit me!! My cake already fell over so I got nothin' to lose now!!" However, after one more quick look, I decided that he probably didn't have insurance anyway and after being hit by 2 other people without insurance in the last 6 months, I decided to let it go and turned into my complex. Grr...Anyhoo, I ended up seperating the cake and sending the bottom portion to work with Hubby and took the top tier to the sitter for her family. I removed the straws that were keeping the bottom tier from imploding and squeezed the cake out of them...right into my mouth. My own little cake shots...they were delish!!

This weekend brings a yummy pee-wee league football cake in honor of the Jaguars' last game. Will post pics...thank goodness this is a half sheet cake, no toppling required!!

Starting advanced class next week, should be interesting!!

Have a great Thursday, Cupcakes!!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. awwwwww poor little white cake! I feel bad for it, however before it made it's o so ungraceful decent it was beautiful!

    Looking forward to more pics as the designs get more complex!

    ReplyDelete