Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NEW SINFULLY SWEETS BLOG!!

Hello cupcakes!! I've tried to do this several times before but this time I'm really going to stick with it!! Welcome to the new Sinfully Sweets blog, where you can follow my cake adventures, disasters, and everything in between!! You can join me in my trek through cake classes (I'm not ashamed to admit that I take them!!) and see how SS's products are made, delivered, and consumed!! And hey, if you have any comments or suggestions, don't be afraid to speak your mind!! If you know me personally, you know that I tend not to hold anything inside - which may or may not get me into trouble sometimes - and I want all my friends and followers to do the same!!

To start with, my cake classes are being taken at my fave cake supply store, Happy Hostess House here in Columbus. The classes are a blast and the instructor, Lady (yes, that's her real name) is phenomenal. Since the classes are on Wednesdays, I usually end up baking on Tuesday nights, which tend to make for very long evenings since I also have dance class on the same night. (I've been a dancer since I was a wee laddie, it's still the most freeing I ever feel when I'm in the studio.) However, last night there was no dance, so I decided to take advantage of the free night and have a Woodchuck to go along with my cake batter (which I unceremoniously licked off of the spatula after the last big glop was in the pan). I took a picture of my beer next to the cake pan filled with red velvet batter, ready to go into the oven, with my phone but apparently it didn't save. : ( I do however, have a pic of the small 6" chocolate round that I made in the same night for one of my husband's co-workers...unfortunately, hubby left the house this morning and forgot to take the cake with him, so as of now it's still sitting on the pub table in our living room, RIGHT NEXT TO the spot where his wallet was laying this morning as well. The co-worker is expecting, and when he called me to let me know he had forgotten to take it, I merely told him that he would have to take the blame for not giving a pregnant woman the chocolate she was expecting today. Not shouldering that one, buddy!!!

Anyhoo, tonight's class cake is a corset cake which I'm super excited about, and so is my husband (Shawn, by the way). He specifically told me he wanted "red velvet cake and boobies," so that's what he's getting!! Will post pics when it's finished, as well as the 6"-er, later this evening.

Thanks for reading, Cupcakes!!

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment